1.23.2012

Why I'm Pro-Life and no longer Pro-Choice

I've thought to myself a lot about babies and being pro-life.
I haven't always been pro-life.
Up until my junior year of high school, I was pro-choice.
I don't think I really understood what abortion really was.  I knew it was wrong because people said it was wrong, but I didn't understand the why's.

My youth minister at Life Teen had a pro-life Life Night.
And, she did something amazing, she MADE us watch a video called the "Silent Scream".
The beginning of it was REALLY boring.  A doctor with a monotone voice stood and spoke about the different growing stages of a child in the womb.  I can tell you that I nodded off more than a few times.
But, then, the doctor said that the next video we were going to see had been used as an instructional video for gynecologists who were being trained on how to perform abortions.
This is where my viewpoint changed from pro-choice to being pro-life, no matter what.
The "Silent Scream" was a video showing an actually abortion that was recorded from the ultrasound machine.  Just thinking about this, now, is making me cry.
That child had no one fighting for him.  He backs away in the womb as the doctor inserts the suction tube.  His heartbeat increases.  But, he can't get away!   And no one is fighting for him!
Abortion stops a beating heart.

No comments: